Monday 18 April 2016

Monday Made it


Hi everyone, 

I'm back with a very exciting idea to share with you all. Thank you to those of you who sent messages requesting the Finger Twister game from last week, I hope you enjoyed it and that everyone is getting great use out of them. This week I am zoning in on Tables in Mathematics and I promise you won't be disappointed.

This idea caught my eye while I was on Instagram and came across this video! As you know I am in the Resource room this year and Gross Motor exercises are an integral part of our daily routine.Lately I find my pupils getting a little tired of how we practice our exercises so when I spotted this I couldn't wait to share it with them.

I went on to Miss5th's Teachers Pay Teachers page and was delighted to see she had a free addition one. I knew this would be far too easy for my 4th class students but trialled it with first and second class students and they loved it. Definitely worth the download, however the resource is not editable. So I began tweaking and creating one to suit me.  Class teachers set new tables to revise weekly so an editable template is perfect to work with and to have on file.

This week fourth class are reviewing ÷7. After a discussion on which exercises they would like to review this week I made a start on the PowerPoint. The exercises they picked were star jumps, squats, windmills and hug yourself. So each day they will be practicing their Gross Motor skills but also be getting a chance to review rheir tables for their Friday Tests!




Has anyone used something similar in their classrooms?
If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to get in touch!

Until next time,!
Niamh.




No comments:

Post a Comment